Fight Winter Dry Skin
During the Winter my skin is always dry and tight. I'm constantly fighting a battle of moisturizers, oils and hydration. How much do I use? If I do too much, my skin suddenly starts breaking out. If I don't do enough, I don't feel comfortable even in my own skin. I don't want to feel like I have a mask on. I hate heavy products on my face. And it can't be sticky. But I also don't want dry, tight, and thirsty. You know that feeling? When your skin literally feels thirsty. It's the worst.
If your skin tends to be on the drier side during Winter, here are some tips and tricks.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Avoid really hot water. Use warm water to wash your face and for your baths.
- Use a gentle cleanser. My favorite is Perfectly Posh Bright Young Thang. It's so creamy.
- Cut back on your exfoliation and scrub use.
- Find a rich moisturizer, one with hyaluronic acid.
- Touch up during the day with an on the go argan oil to help seal in moisture and keep your skin glowing. Argan oil is a great antiager.
- Use a humidifier at night.
- Drink plenty of water, 8 glasses a day.
- Try this luxurious milk and honey bath to soften and smooth your skin.
I started using Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream about a week ago. I got it as a sample in a 500 point kit from Sephora. Since it's close to Winter and my skin has been drier I thought I'd give it a try. And OMG, I fell in love right away. It kept my face soft and hydrated all day. And when I went to wash my face the next day, it still felt soft, before I even reapplied it. And all day, I can't stop touching my face. I've been missing out. I will definitely be adding this to my daily beauty routine.
Check out more of the Water Drench Line.