8 Reasons To Drink Whiskey
Did you know that whiskey is super healthy? I just happened upon an article touting it's glorious health benefits while I was starting my Google research about red wine and it's health benefits. I was completely surprised by my findings. I read things like Life Extending, Fight's Alzheimer's Disease, and Prevent's Cancer. Needless to say I was more than a little intrigued. So I had to check it out for myself. I was blown away with the amount of the medical journals and clinical studies I could find on the improvement in quality of life because of whiskey.
This blog post may contain affiliate links.
Did you know whiskey actually means water of life? Hard to believe, right? Everything I have ever been taught is the exact opposite.
Become A Whiskey Drinker
Become A Whiskey Drinker
- Whiskey reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol. It acts as a blood thinner and relaxes your arteries. It prevents blood clots and decreases your chance of stroke and heart attack. Wow... that right there is a ton.
- Whiskey can strengthen your immune system and fight cancer with moderate consumption (heavy consumption can lead to cancer). Whiskey is chock full of antioxidants. It contains even more than a glass of red wine. It can even lengthen your life. What????
- Prevents dementia. It reduces plaque formations in Alzheimer's patients. Studies have shown that whiskey can improve cognitive performance. It improves memory and your ability to think clearly. God knows I really need that, because studies also show that working night shift decreases cognitive performance. Sometimes nursing sucks or should I say night shift sucks.
- Helps maintain a healthy weight. No beer belly here. Did you know whiskey can actually increase enegy and cut your sugar addiction? It's also low carb and fat free.
- It's good for your belly. Whiskey prevents indigestion when you drink some after a meal. It also reduces appetite.
- Wanna drink with no risk of hangover? Wake up headache and cotton mouth free. Whiskey is where it's at.
- Have anxiety and stress? Have a shot of whiskey. It will calm your nerves.
- Whiskey prevents diabetes by helping to regulate insulin.
My take away....Not only does whiskey lengthen your life, it actually improves the quality of your life too. I think I'm going to go to the liqueur store now.
Please remember this is all with moderate consumption. Heavy drinking will eat your liver and kill you. And people will hate you. Forgive me.
Also, this is a blog post. It is not a medical journal. I did my research. I read the clinical studies. You should too. I am not the end all.