5 Steps For Glowing Skin, Beyond The Obvious
Are you yearning for skin that's lit from within, glowing, healthy, and young looking? I'm not talking about shimmer or shine. I'm not talking about makeup. And I'm not talking about the obvious. I'm talking about skin that literally naturally glows, almost translucent. You can have that. Even in the Winter. This isn't a blog post that says drink more water, get more sleep, eat right, exercise, wash your makeup off at night. While all those things are great... they are not going to give you AMAZING SKIN. This isn't about that. This is a blog post that's going to get down and dirty and go beyond the obvious. Don't you want it? AMAZING SKIN!
This blog contains affiliate links.
- Vitamin C. Get rid of sun damage, and tighten and brighten your skin. It even prevents future skin damage since it's chock full of antioxidants. Ingesting vitamin C also helps with the absorption of collagen (next in line). Vitamin C is basically the holy grail of skin care if your over 30. Don't miss out on it! Vitamin C also stimulates collagen, which is listed below. I felt however it's so important, I wanted to give it it's own space! My favorite vitamin C serum is Advanced Skin Care C+E Ferulic Acid.
- Collagen. 1)HIIT. Trust me, you can exercise all you want, but unless your doing HIIT, it's not going to matter. The high intensity intervals don't just increase circulation, they also stimulate HGH, human growth hormone and increase collagen production. Give it 2 weeks and you will be surprised. You will look in the mirror and look who you see looking back. 2)Derma roll. Injuries caused to the skin from micro needles also stimulate HGH and collagen production. My favorite derma roller came from Amazon. Check out more on derma rolling. Looking for something easier, try 3)Ingesting it. There are powders to mix or pills to swallow. You decide.
- Salicylic acid. Not only does this acid increase skin cell turnover bringing fresh skin to the surface faster, it also helps prevent breakouts. And it's one of the few acids that doesn't make your skin sun sensitive. You can find salicylic acid in lots of skin care items. Try it in a weekly mask or a daily facial cream. I love Clinique's Turnaround Cream.
- Scrub. With cosmetic companies being globally conscious, it's hard to find a wonderful scrub. My recommendation, don't use a salt or sugar scrub on your face. It's best to use tiny gritty particles, like baking soda. Salt and sugar both have sharp edges and are too harsh for the skin on your face. A good scrub is only needed once or twice a week. Check out this great baking soda and coconut face scrub. When you combine scrubbing and salicylic acid use, OMG! Gorgeous, healthy glowing skin is sure to emerge. Winner, winner.
- Facial Oil. Here's the kicker. The end all of glowing skin. It's simply facial oil. And a good facial oil will give a glow that will get you all kinds of complements. My favorite is Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Oil. Or you can try jojoba or argon oil. Remember, oil fight's oil, if you're concerned about breaking out. Just apply to the a little to your cheekbones or any area you want to glow. And ooh, la la!