Increase Your Milk Supply in 5 Easy Steps
- Get a good breast pump! You need to rent or purchase a Medela Symphony or Medela Lactina. Some rent as low as $20 a month depending on your area. Medical insurance will even reimburse you for the cost with a simple prescription from your OB. To purchase one these 2 pumps will cost at minimum a couple thousand dollars. I recommend purchasing a used Lactina or Symphony from EBay. These are both hospital grade breast pumps, so they are designed for multiple users. You will only need to get a new pump kit.
- Pump frequently, every 3 hours, even at night. Don't skip pumping. And pump for longer periods, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take fenugreek. It doesn't matter what type (tea, capsules, ect.), just take enough that you smell, sweat, and taste like maple syrup. You can find this at most grocery stores today. This will start working in 1 to 2 days.
- Take Tagamet. It will increase your prolactin levels thus making your breasts supply more milk. This amazing little pill can even cause men to lactate! It's over the counter. You don't need a prescription. Start off small with one dose a day and then every two days increase your dose with another pill. Work your way up to 8 to 12 pills a day. Each pill is 200mg. Please talk to your doctor about taking Tagamet.
- Eat Oatmeal. Oatmeal has shown to help increase milk supply in just a few short days. Any kind will do.
Follow these steps and you will have so much milk, you won't know what to do. You may even need to buy a deep freezer for your garage to store it all.
Want to make money from all the extra breast milk you have hanging around?