Cheesy Mexican Chicken Casserole
This is my family's all time favorite. Hands down, no questions, Shut the Front Door! It's Amazing! It's a nice cheesy, spicy, chicken casserole, perfect for a cool Fall or Winter dinner. This may be the cheesiest thing you eat! If you love enchiladas, but hate rolling the tortillas, this is your dish.
- 3 to 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium jar of Pace salsa. I like restaurant style in medium.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 can of Campbell's cream of onion soup
- 1 can of Campbell's cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth. I like to use the water that I cook my chicken in.
- 1 bag of Tostitos chips.
- optional container of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in large stove top pan and cover with water. Cook on medium heat until done. Remove the chicken from pan, keeping the water to use later for broth.
- While chicken is cooking, in large casserole dish, add your soups, 2 cups cheddar cheese, salsa and sliced cream cheese
- Crush the chips
- Remove the chicken from pan, keeping the water to use later for broth. Shred the chicken.
- Add the chicken and chips and broth to casserole dish and carefully stir the ingredients together.
- Cover with foil.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove foil and add remaining cheese to top.
- Put back in oven until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let sit 3 to 5 minutes.
- Enjoy topped with sour cream!