Cheer Buckets Extra Hints!
This is part 2 of Cheer Buckets. I had to do part 2 because I got a ton of questions after I posted the original, part 1. I hope this and part 1 give you all the information you need to make an awesome cheer bucket for your cheerleader or cheerleaders.
1. If you have a Hobby Lobby in your town, use it! Besides the bucket, everything can come from Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby is awesome for decorations to add to the buckets. Starting late Summer they have out homecoming mum supplies and Christmas decorations. Go wild! At least within your team's budget! Take advantage of using their coupons and ask extra moms to come with you when shopping, so everyone can use a coupon.
2. Try to find a bucket in one of your team's colors. This is really important! Don't paint the bucket except for stenciling the team's name or the cheerleader's name. I've seen many a bucket that was painted and looked like crap by the end of the season. There were so many scrapes, scratches and chips. This was a memory item for my daughter. Put the extra effort into it.
3. Buckets can be found at Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot. Get the 5 gallon with the lid.
4. Enlist the help of the other moms. Delegate. Make it an assembly line process in a kitchen with a big island and lots of outlets for the glue guns. Give each mom their own job. Someone does the cutting. Someone does the gluing. Tell every mom who has one, to bring a glue gun!
5. Find a mom who has a Cricut (if you don't) and knows how to use it. Have her cut the letters out in vinyl for the girls' names.
6. If you do have to use stencils and paint. Use paint pens. They dry fast and are much easier to control than a paint brush.
7. And if your budget allows it, use nice fabric for the seat cushion. Something soft. Anything they make baby blankets out of is great. We used Minky. The final bucket seat was so super nice, however, I don't really recommend Minky. When it's cut, it goes everywhere, and I mean everywhere!
Keep their bottoms nice and cushy! Use the 2 inch think foam.
Endless possibilities with paint pens.
So many buckets!
2 inch stencils work best on the 5 gallon buckets.
Hope this helps a little more!